Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2.5 Hour Expedition

We have finally started our registries!! Last week we went to Target and breezed through in about 45 minutes. Tonight was a different story at Babies "R" Us. What we thought was going to be a short trip turned into an eventful evening. Andy of course had the gun/zapper/thingy-ma-gigger to keep him interested in spending that much time in a store that doesn't have beer, tools, cars, guns, or tattoos! But in all honesty he was very helpful in choosing which products we think we need for a baby! That store is very overwhelming and it's hard to know what exactly to put on the list! I'm sure we need to check over both registries!

The best part was scoping out the car seat/stroller scene! We had to chose one that's not girly or pastel or too babyish! Andy found two possible "acceptable" options that is a stroller & car seat combo, which we found out are called "travel systems". The funny part was how long it took us to figure out how to get the car seats out of the strollers and then how to collapse them for easy storage.

I decided to look at some of the baby books to get ideas. I'm making my own, so I needed inspiration. While I did that, Andy went crazy in the clothes section and kept bringing me cute clothes that he'd love for Wyatt. We went into the store agreeing that we would not buy this little boy any clothes...we have a nice sized collection for him already! But I have to say that Andy has great taste in baby clothes! He found some cute camo tennis shoes...

and biker boots that we had to get!

After we left Babies "R" Us we decided to treat ourselves to some Krispy Kreme donuts! We ended up get a dozen assorted, and ate one each while watching the donuts being made. When we left and drove out of the parking lot and turned onto 71st we heard something fly off the roof! I asked Andy if he left his coffee up there and he said no, it's right here in the cup holder. At the same time we looked at each other and realized he had sat the donuts on the roof! Now they are on 71st street! Sorry to all the people who will now have donuts all over their tires! I wish I had my camera to take pics! We couldn't do anything but laugh, well, Andy pouted a little because he was looking forward to having some for breakfast tomorrow morning!

3 comments:

Amanda Donaho Photography said...

That's too funny!!! I can just picture donuts rolling down the road & splatting into peoples windshields! Ha ha!!

LOVE the shoes! Great job, Daddy!

FaithChick said...

Triston has those same boots. He wore them out. I loved them. The little tennis shoes are so cute. I can't wait for him to get here so we can cuddle him and give him kisses and spoil him rotten.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I THOUGHT Triston had those! The shoes are so adorable. You did a great job with the photography on them.

I used to spend hours and hours in Babies R Us. Jason hated it when I went there because it sucked up so much of my time. I could get lost in there even now. Like, I hate shopping, but there is something about that store. I can look at every item on every shelf every day for a month and still be excited to return.

Do you really think we believe there would have been KKD's left for the next morning? Hellooooooo!