Monday, August 18, 2008

All about baby day!

It's after 10pm and I just got home! I'm cranky and wanted to go to bed an hour ago! When in the world did this happen to me? I remember going to a movie @ 9pm when I stilled lived at home and my dad could not understand what would possess me to go out at such a late hour! Now, I totally get it!!

I guess I'm not too tired to put up a new post though!

My hectic day started when I had to go to my baby doctor's office to get tested for gestational diabetes. Last week I had the initial test to check my blood sugar levels. The notes the doctor gave me didn't mention anything about fasting, so I called on my way to the appt to find out. The woman I spoke with said as long as it wasn't sugary or starchy that I would be fine. So I ate a banana and a nutri-grain whole grain raspberry breakfast bar (quite yummy!) Either that little stunt elevated by blood sugar level or I could have gestational diabetes. The normal level is 70-139 and mine was at 161.

So...that brought me to today! I had to be at the doctor's office at 8am (and of course I was a little late) to get the order and then go to the lab. They wanted a urine sample but I had already gone to the bathroom on my way there, so they didn't get much! They took the first sample of blood which had to be in the same spot they took blood last week! I then got to drink an entire bottle of the sugar drink that tastes like extremely concentrated gatorade. A few sips of it is not bad, but when you've got an empty stomach and have to drink that much, not fun!! I was told to come back in an hour so they could suck out more of my blood. And the next hour and then finally the next hour! And all I could have was water! I hadn't eaten since 6pm last night! I finally got to eat @ 12:30 and have never been so hungry in my life! After I found some grub, it was off to work! I'll find out the results tomorrow.

I took stuff with me to keep me entertained, so the time went by fast. I was able to organize all the paperwork & pamphlets I've been collecting that's everything about baby. I called 2 people about possible in-home daycare's and got a lot of good info and advice. And started talking with a doula. Woo-hoo! I got to mark things off my to-do list that has to be done before Wyatt blesses us with his presence.

Tonight I attended my first baby class at St. Francis Hospital. This one was free and was exclusively about the first month of the baby's life. Very interesting and worthwhile. The instructor was this sweet older lady that used to be a college professor for childhood development. There were two other couples and me. Andy had to go to Langston for his job, so he had to miss out. But I'm sure I can relay all the info - I took notes!!

I don't have any fun pics that relate to this blog, but I did take a self-portrait a couple of weeks ago to capture my belly. I keep forgetting to have Andy take pics. I'm usually the one with the camera!

This is at 27 weeks...

5 comments:

jasonwidney said...

don't forget this baby is coming into your life, you are not going into it's life. Don't forget who you are in all the craziness. Be true to yourself and the kid will look up to you some day and appreciate how real you are.

Or at least we hope so...

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

First of all, how do you take such an amazing body self-portrait? You look great. I think you are the cutest pregnant lady around. Sounds like I'm gonna have to get back to my little self-portraiting hobby!!

I guess you didn't realize fruit is high in sugar.

I have the phone number of Miss Miriam, the lady that took care of Jazz and Paris - not the one that left Paris home alone or the one that let Paris eat hair beads. This is the angel of a child care provider. I called and she doesn't have room at this moment, but closer to the time, who knows?!!

Amanda Donaho Photography said...

Totally laughing out loud at Simone's comment right now about the crazy babysitter lady.... Poor Paris...

Anyways, so glad you're blogging! And you look fantastic! I'm also wondering how you took such a great self-portrait?! I SUCK at them!

FaithChick said...

okay, take a breathe after laughing so hard at the mental picture of Paris eating hair beads. Really cute picture. I wish I could tell you it get better when baby comes but it is just another kind of caos. Love ya

Sarah Simmons said...

Ha ha! You guys will laugh! I propped up the lens with a folded t-shirt on top of our bar. Then taped a picture on the door across from the bar to focus on and set the self-timer! It took me a few shots to get a decent one. The first few I cut my head out of!!

Jason...deep thoughts!!! Simone...i never heard the story of the bead eating!! Amanda D...HI!!! Amanda W...I believe upi!